Saturday, August 28, 2010

And then the fight started...

My wife sat down on the couch next to me as I was flipping channels.

She asked, 'What's on TV?'

I said, 'Dust.'

And then the fight started...
************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ****
My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary.

She said, 'I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 100 in about 3 seconds.'

I bought her a weighing scale.

And then the fight started...

************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *****
When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive...

So, I took her to a petrol bunk

And then the fight started...

************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ****

My wife and I were sitting at a table at her high school reunion, and my wife

kept staring at a drunken man swigging his drink as he sat alone at a nearby table.

I asked my wife, 'Do you know him?'

'Yes,' She sighed, 'He's my old boyfriend.
I understand he took to drinking right after we split up those many years
ago, and I hear he hasn't been sober since.'

'My God!' I said to my wife, 'who would think a person could go on celebrating that long?'

And then the fight started...

************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *****

A woman is standing & looking in the bedroom mirror.

She is not happy with what she sees and says to her husband,

'I feel horrible; I look old, fat and ugly. I really need you to pay me a compliment.'

The husband replies, 'Your eyesight's damn near perfect.'

And then the fight started..... .

************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ***
I tried to talk my wife into buying a case of Kingfisher for 500 rs.

Instead, she bought a jar of cold cream for 300 rs.

I told her the beer would make her look better at night than the cold cream..

And then the fight started....

************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *
I asked my wife, "Where do you want to go for our anniversary? "

It warmed my heart to see her face melt in sweet appreciation.

"Somewhere I haven't been in a long time!" she said.

So I suggested, "How about the kitchen?"

And that's when the fight started....
************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ****

When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed..

But, somehow I always had something else to take care of first:

the truck, the car, e-mail, fishing, always something more important to me.

Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point.

When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing scissors.

I watched silently for a short time and then went into the house. I was gone only a few minutes. When I came out again I handed her a toothbrush.

'When you finish cutting the grass,' I said, 'you might as well sweep the driveway.'

And then the fight started...
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

1 comments: on "And then the fight started..."

Twinkle said...

How mean the husband is..... It's really funny to read, Rajesh..but anyone would fight in such a situation....

Post a Comment

 
 
ShareThis