Friday, June 18, 2010

Malayalee in an interview

Beating the employment trap: Enjoy it

Bill Gates organized an interview to recruit a new Chairman for Microsoft Europe.  5000 candidates assembled in a large room.
One of them is Jose from Kerala
Bill Gates: Thank you for coming. Those who do not know JAVA may leave.

2000 people leave the room.

Jose says to himself, 'I do not know JAVA, but I have nothing to lose if I stay. I'll give it a try !'

Bill Gates:  Candidates who never had experience of managing more than 100 people may leave.
2000 people leave the room. 
Jose says to himself 'I never managed anybody by myself, but I have nothing to lose if I stay. What can happen to me ?' So he stays.
Bill Gates: Candidates who do not have management diplomas may leave.

500 people leave the room.

Jose says to himself, 'I left school at 15, but what have I got to lose ?' So he stays in the room.

Lastly, Bill Gates asked the candidates who do not speak Serbo-Croat to leave.
498 people leave the room.
Jose says to himself, 'I do not speak one word of Serbo-Croat but what do I have to lose ?' So he stays and finds himself with one other candidate; Everyone else has gone.

Bill  Gates joined them and said 'Apparently you are the only two candidates who speak Serbo-Croat, so I'd now like to hear you have a conversation together in that language.' Calmly, Jose  turns to the other candidate and asks
"Naatil Evideya?"                                                                                            

The other candidate answers: 'Pathanamthitta'

Both of them selected because Bill gates doesnot know that language!!!!
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Malayalee in an interview"

Post a Comment

 
 
ShareThis