Monday, May 10, 2010

Jeena isi ka naam hai

"Bhaiyyon aur Behanon. Today in our studios we have a well known personality from Bollywood, Ms Lisa Chopra. Who has not heard of Lisa ? Actually no one apart from her family cares for the answer but that is not the point. She set the industry alight with her debut film "Mere Dost ki Biwi Truck Driver ke saath Bhag gayin". She filmed such immortal numbers like "Patang uda do Saree mein" and "Om Pa Om Pa Boom Pom Pom". Later she followed it with her equally box office breaking films like "C..A..T Cat, Cat mane Billi" and also "Rum Pum Poosh Oh Rum Pum Poosh". Her talents at classical Indian dancing were apparent in the famous thumri, "Chicken khaoge ya Chocolate de doon malai mar ke". But Lisa did not stop there. She was not a woman to rest on her laurels. In fact, she did not even have any laurels. She would not have known a Laurel even if she woke up with in the bed with one. In her next movie, she takes on the challenging role of a rich girl who is in love with a poor boy. Such challenges are unheard of, in Bollywood. But lets hear about her life from herself, let's welcome in the studios the one and only " Lisa Chopra'."

(Recorded Applause)
Host - "Lisa, Welcome to our studios. Kaise lag rahan hain aapko aaj hamare studio mein ?"

Lisa - "Actually Farogue Ji, I am very honoured yaaa. I mean it's so great being surrounded by so many fans yaaa who have come here from all over India. It's a great feeling."

Host - "Lisa , actually we have paid them enough money to come here and applaud like they are on drugs every time the green light over there comes on. Anyway,

Kya aap logon ko batana chahogi, aap filmon mein kaise aa gayee ? "

Lisa - "I actually was not interested in films yaaaaa, but my friends kept on telling me that I must try for films yaaaa and they started giving gaalis and all yaaaaa. They entered me in a beauty contest yaaaa which I won. My friends told me that now I must try my luck in films so that's how it started."

Host- "Kya aap hamesha Hindi mein puche huen sawaalon ka English mein Jawaab deti ho ?"

Lisa- " No yaaa but my Hindi is not really good yaaa. It sort of so ..you know. My schooling was in English yaa."

Host - "Aap ko filmon mein pehla break kaise mila ?"

Lisa - "Actually Rikku ji saw me at the Lux Talent show yaa where he liked my attitude, my talent and my really short skirt which he initially thought to be a belt, hee..heeee..heeeee. After that he told me about his new film yaaa. "Mere Dost ki Biwi Truck driver ke saath bhag gayin'. When I heard about the role, I just knew I had to do it. It was very challenging to play the character of the truck. Initially, I was a bit nervous but Rikku ji really worked on me night after night and explained me my character and really brought out the best in me. The audience really appreciated the emotional intensity in my role, especially the scene in which the Truck has a dream and takes off her bikini under the waterfall while singing "Patang Uda do Saree mein". "

Host - " Lisa, agar aap filmon mein nahin hoti to kya karti ?"

Lisa - "I can't imagine my life without films. It is like what is that gas...yaaa. Aha..Nitrogen !! to me yaaa. I have to breathe it to feel alive. But actually, if not films then I had plans to pursue a PhD in Nuclear Medicine but I dropped out of school after class X to puruse my passion in films yaaa."

Host- "Aap ke favourite film director aur favourite film kaunse hai ?"

Lisa- My favourite film director is the great Steven Spielberg. I mean films like "Schindler's List" are real classics, Can you imagine what greater hits it would have been with songs. But my personal favourite film would have to be "Mere Dost ki Biwi Truck Driver ke Saath Bhag gayin" by Rikku Ji, with whom I am also shooting 2 more films.

Host - "Kya aap apne agle film ke bare mein kuch kahogi ?"

Lisa- "Actually I am playing this really challenging role of a rich girl who is in love with a poor boy. The families oppose it but love truimphs. In this character, I play a range of emotions and my character really changes from a spoilt rich girl to a girl who discovers love... you know so challenging yaaaa. Guddu ji has really worked on the story and the songs by Tinku ji are really superb especially, "Gundulu Gundulu". I just consider myself fortunate that I can portray this challenging role under the direction of Munna ji"

Host- " Kya aap apke Fans se kuch kehna chahogi ?"

Lisa - "Keep on supporting like you always have yaaaa. As a true actress , your applause is far more important than the millions that I stash away in black money"

Host - "Lisa , aap hamare studio mein aayeen. Bahut Kushi huyin. Bhagwan aapko aise hi Kaamyaabi de"

Lisa - "Farogue Ji, Shukriya yaa. I too hope I get "Kaamyaabi" yaaa. It would be great to work with Irfan ji. Thank you, once again you guys at home "

(Waves out to the microwave)

Host - "Lisa, Camera is taraf hain"

(Lisa and Farogue indulge in a lot of meaningless and unnecessary laughter with each other as the strains of "Patang Uda do Saree mein' reverberate in the studio and the titles come on)
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Jeena isi ka naam hai"

Post a Comment

 
 
ShareThis